Hotfuse Photo Raffle
Hotfuse Photo Raffle entry is open to any photographer, amateur and professional, aged 13 years and over, from any country. There is no purchase necessary to enter the contest.
- Entry Fees, Dates: Entries are open from November 1, 2017 and open until we have a received 500K entries. Only digital entries posted on the hotfuse app or the website will be accepted.
- Image subject: Any image of good quality you share on hotfuse will qualify as a single entry. Ideally, the images should be of travel, landscapes, sports, people and food or similar subject matter. The images must be of good quality and not of a disqualified subject. You must not post on Hotfuse anything that is disqualified based on Terms and Conditions of use of Hotfuse.
- Quantity of entries: Entrants may enter as many times as they wish. The more images you post the higher the chance of winning.
- Equipment: Entries can be shot on cell phones or digital cameras.
- Age of images: The judges will be looking for contemporary images, so you should not enter outdated images - if an image depicts part of a city, for example, it should show a contemporary skyline, including any recently built major landmarks in the part you are photographing
- Image copyright: The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not the organizers, to ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright requirements, and own the rights to reproduction of their images. Entries that do not fulfill these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Where this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the prize must be returned or refunded by the entrant. Entrants agree to fully indemnify Hotfuse and its sponsors and employees in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of the entrant breaching any of the foregoing.
- Reproduction rights & your copyright: HOTFUSE does not make any claim whatsoever on the copyright of YOUR images. The copyright will, at all times, be respected by HOTFUSE and retained by the photographer. The organizers and sponsors reserve the right to free reproduction and exhibition of entered images in all media, but only in connection with these awards. A selection of the winning and other best images may be chosen for reproduction in HOTFUSE portfolio books, exhibition catalogue and HOTFUSE app. We do not claim unlimited license for HOTFUSE or its sponsors to reproduce your images outside of the terms set out above.
- Liability: All prints are submitted at the photographer's own risk. The organizers cannot accept liability for any loss of or damage occurring to any entries, whether this occurs in transit or while in the keeping of the organizers, although every care will be taken.
- Judging: All judges will be appointed by the organizers. The winners will be determined by the judges and the organizers in accordance with the competition rules. Their decision is final on all matters relating to the competition, and organizers will not enter into any correspondence regarding the judging or organization of the competition.
- Prizes: The organizers reserve the right to change the prizes to a comparable alternative due to unforeseen circumstances or the quality/quality of response to the Raffle announcement and any changes will be posted on the competition website. Prizes are not transferable, and there is only cash offered. The prizes are the responsibility of the competition sponsors and HOTFUSE cannot be held liable for the failure of the competition sponsors to provide a prize in the event of their liquidation, bankruptcy, insolvency or change of ownership. Each Raffle Prize will be worth $1,000 (USA). There will be Three top prices and Ten runner up prizes of $200 each.
- Quality of entries: If the quality of entries falls below the required standard, the organizers reserve the right not to award a prize/prizes.
- Winners: A full list of short-listed entries will be published on www.Hotfuse.com on this page when the results are out.
- Winners' publicity: All prize winners will agree to take part in publicity about the awards after the results are announced.
- HOTFUSE newsletters: By entering the awards and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you are opting-in to receive e-newsletters from Hotfuse.
- The rules: The information given in these rules is correct, but Hotfuse competition organizers reserves the right to change any of them without prior notice. The revised rules will be posted in this section of the website, and it is the entrants' responsibility to review this section. By signing their entry form, or completing online entry, entrants will confirm that they have read and agreed to be bound by the rules of the competition. Any breach of these rules by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organizers may request the return of that prize. Entry is confirmed by posting the message with a hashtag `Raffle’.
- Governing Law: The Hotfuse Photo Raffle is subject to USA Federal, State of California, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- How to enter:
- You may enter an image for the Raffle through Hotfuse mobile app. The participant's profile must be public. Images must be posted with the hashtag #Raffle2018A and a short caption of at least 10 words (or of not more than 40 words) that describes the image.
- Each participant may submit as many images as he/she wishes so long as every image submitted is accompanied by the hashtags and captions required. Submitting more images will definitely increase the chance of winning. This is a raffle and not a competition. However, the winner will be judged for quality, subject, content, composition, aesthetic appeal and skill. If the Raffle picks an entry that does not meet all the criteria, then the next entry will be picked for consideration, and so forth.
- Images submitted must be the participant’s own work.
- Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the images will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping, or effects/filters made available by phone applications, will be allowed. You may use digital manipulation to optimize an image, and you may crop an image, but you are not permitted to add or remove key elements of the composition. Brightness, contrast, color balance can all be adjusted. Dust spots and minor elements etc. can be retouched. The judges have the discretion to reject any image which has been, in their opinion, over-manipulated, removing the integrity of the original image. Composite or montaged images, from more than one original image are not eligible - this includes images shot at different exposures/dynamic ranges and combined. Images stitched to form a panoramic image will be accepted provided that the entrant declares, at the time of submission, that the final image has been produced in this way. Multiple exposure 'in camera' is permitted.
- The organizer reserves the right to reject entries with incomplete details required under the photo submission page. The submission deadline will be reached upon submission of 500K images. You are requested to encourage your friends, family and colleagues to create an account and submit entries. Thereby, speeding up the competition closure and picking of the winner.
- Should multiple users of the same Hotfuse account enter the competition and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the participant, the authorized account holder of the said Hotfuse account at the time of submission will be considered the participant and he/she will be required to comply with these Terms and Conditions. (“Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by Hotfuse. Participants may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder associated with their Hotfuse account.)
Hotfuse Team welcomes you to a wide-ranging communicating tools.
Good luck with the raffle, invite your friends to sign up and start communicating and inter-acting at a different but better level.